Saturday, April 14, 2012

Snow in the prediction

I left Taos as the Pueblo village was closed and that is what I really wanted to see. Headed west on Route 64 and crossed the Rio Grand at a 650 ft deep gorge. Great river rafting location. 64 was was another heart stopping, drag down gorgeous drive. Between Tres Piedras and Tierra Amarilla. Saw a view of Brazos cliffs and wanted a better picture that was across a small snow field. I had clogs on and tried to cross, it was deeper than I thought so I lost my clog. ended up sitting in the snow and trying to find my shoe and thenn crawled out. PUT ON boots and got my picture. Camping at Cotton woods Campground Navajo Lake State Park. Full of anglers for catch and release trout area of the San Juan river. I am in another cottonwood grove next to the river. sitting now in a motel parking lot using their wifi. I will leave here the 17th for Navajo national Monument. Oh cheers. it was supposed to rain before snow but it is noon and already spritzing snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment