Monday, April 9, 2012

Key Issues

The day I left home I discovered that my kitchen door did not lock. I used to just press the button and close the door and go away but never checked the door. For some reason the day I left, I checked the door knob and the door was not locked, after pressing the button. The lock was broken. So I left anyway and called my son to see if he could call the Association to see if that was a repair they made. But of course it wasn't, so Chris had to drive down over the weekend and change the locks. Then this morning it dawned on me that my car has not been locking this whole week because I was leaving the spare smart key in the car. I just took the key to the car door off the smart key lozenge and was wearing it around my neck. Dah!
So I just happened to be passing through Oklahoma on my way to Tucumcari, NM, when I saw the Cherokee Trading Post. 10,000 gifts type place. Got myself a little leather pouch on a real leather cord so that I can now wear the whole smart key around my neck for the next 3 months. So in true fashion of Clan of the Cave Bear I am now known as Catherine of the Smart Key Clan and I have my amulet to keep me safe!
The sky was threatening for most of the day and the radio said rain today and tomorrow in Oklahoma City so I passed it by and decided to go all the way to NM. 650 miles and 10.5 hours drive later and here I am. Going to bed now! I rationalized that one night in a motel was worth two camping. So tomorrow I can make Taos and get settled for a week. I will make some observations at another writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment