Monday, April 16, 2012

Puddy Tat footprints

The snow was funky. It was 38 but snowing like crazy but some weirdlike snow, kinda like balls of tapioca only smaller. it covered things in a squall and moved on. Last night it was 28 degrees the coldest it has been anywhere on the trip. Went out walking yesterday and found some animal tracks that seem to be of a big kitty cat. Um. One of the guys thought he saw a bobcat but these were too big for that. One more night at Navajo and then I am back on schedule and off to Monument Valley.
today I drove into Aztec to do laundry, go to the PO and find wifi and came over a brow of a hill and was stupified by the scenery again. Wide wide valley and then the whole northern part of my view was filled with the snow covered San Juan Mts. So spectacular.
This area, IE Farmington is a huge oil and gas location. There are pumps everywhere you look. West of Farmington is the largest strip coal mining place in the world. They provide the energy for the whole Four Corners area.
Spring is coming slowly to this area. It seems like I am following it across the country.
Monument Valley and Zion are up another 1000ft so I hope it warms up some. The sky is so clear today, I can see Shiprock out in the distance. I have visited Canyon De Chelly and Chaco Canyon in this area before. I like Canyon de Chelly almost better than the Grand Canyon. I won't have a long drive tomorrow to Monument Valley because I came all of this way from Taos.

No comments:

Post a Comment