Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Testing, testing, testing. It is a good thing too. I tried to stuff everything into my car and couldn't see out the back window. Had to rethink exactly what I needed and didn't need! Out went the zero gravity lounger. Decided on no redundancy! Oh I will miss my lounger. But  I went to Odd Lots last night and found a canvas chair that has a foot rest. I am testing it for a day or two to see if it kills my back. I must admit I measured things and planned how to pack it today and it worked out well.
Decided to leave the car seats up and removed the head rests. So now I can see out the back window and nothing is above car seat height. It seems to fit logically now too. The food storage box is very heavy and will always stay in place behind the passenger seat. I won't have to take it out again as I can add or take stuff away without taking it out of the car. Best to keep foods in the car overnight except where they provide bear boxes.
I am comfortable with the way the car is loaded.
Today the winter tires comes off and the fluids will be checked and perhaps a wash and vacuuming. Might as well start out clean. There are just a few details left to do. How will I spend the next 12 days? You all  must be sick of this preparation stuff and want to hear about the real trip. I am so excited about seeing Fallingwater first. Start out with a real highlight. I am expecting the Lexington, KY area to be bright green with white fences. After that I have no clue what the heartland of the country actually looks like. What do Missouri, Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas look like? Is it all flat? My Prius likes flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment