Monday, March 19, 2012

Testing, testing 1, 2, 3. Well working out the bugs in erecting the tent has worked out and the new design to help me erect the tent by myself has been completed. (KISS) It is now time to test the stove and hot water heater. Both run on propane so I need to be outdoors to do it. I am leaving this a little late if I need Coleman for repair.
It is also "whittling down" time. I have put everything in the garage and laid it out. Food staples need to be gone through and stuff eliminated and the equipment basket needs work also. How many paper towel rolls do I need to start out? I also have an accumulation of the small propane tanks that my lantern also runs on and wonder just how many I need to start. At this point I almost need a caution sign about PROPANE on board. but I figure they are small and will fit in spots into which nothing else will fit.
Gathering my knitting projects into small bags and my painting supplies into one carry-on. I don't watch TV at home, and I certainly won't be watching it on the trip, so I need things to keep me busy when I am sick of thinking and reading about the next stop down the line.
 I am trying to pack things that are related in separate bags, such as stuff for hiking together. I want to pack the car in such a way that what I need for immediate set up is available first; tent, lights, stove, food, water. The fluff can go farther back in the car. I want my boots and rain suit available for set up in the rain. The realities of packing, however, will really dictate what goes where.  I suppose a "dry run pack" would really do the trick. Do I want the bad news now or the day before I leave? Time is getting short and I am getting more excited by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment