Monday, May 21, 2012

Done with Nevada

Today I got up early and left S Lake Tahoe at 7 am and crossed into Idaho late in the afternoon and encountered a time change. I went as far as Twin Falls, Idaho. I don't know what the mileage was. I don't think I ever will feel the need to go back to Nevada. It was brown from start to finish. I spent most of the day driving up route I-80 in this huge valley with mountains on one side and rounded lower hills on the other. Then up route 93 into Idaho.
At the start my GPS, Loraine, took me an interesting route that was ok but enough is enough. I finally had to put a book on CD in and just drive.
There was one interesting section that had a volcanic cone and alkali flats and maybe a potash plant and an area with hot springs that were steaming all over. Then it was just one big blur of brown. I think they just covered the irrigated fields here in Twin Falls with manure, as the  smell is pervading the air.
Tomorrow I am headed for Craters of the Moon National Monument and then I will be staying at my sorority sister's house from college while I am in the Tetons. Then she and I are going with her camper to Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment